Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, Pure Castile Liquid Soap UPC 018787775080
Main product page: http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/OLPE08/PeppermintLiquidSoap.htm

What it is:
The first soap I was able to find which didn't cost a fortune and contains no chemicals, perfumes, or preservatives. It boasts on the label that it has 18 uses, everything from washing your body to toothpaste to pest spray for plants. I've used it to do laundry, it was better than nothing; wash my body with, great results, no dry skin and hubby claims I smell like a danish cookie when I use the almond fragrance; and wash my hair with, maybe it's my hair type, but it left it extremely tangled, works fine for him though. The peppermint fragrance also leaves your skin tingly after you use it, and my husband and I have both used it to shave with and it works great.

In my opinion:
I love the fact that it only has 9 ingredients, all of which are organic. I spent a few weeks hunting for a soap without SLS or parabens in it, and everything I found in the farmer's market cost a fortune and most of the soaps still contained ingredients I didn't want. I found Dr. Bronner's next to the Burt's Bees section at Target, and it was around $14 for 32 oz. I bought that bottle in February of this year, and still have almost half of it left. Aside from the nasty chemicals in other products that I especially don't want going into my body now that I'm pregnant, I have sensitive skin and stuff like Caress and Nivea made my skin really dry and itchy. Now I use Dr. Bronner's and put coconut oil on after the shower and my skin is finally hydrated and soft all the time.

The final verdict:
Very cost effective completely natural soap. Obviously some of the other products out there work better at getting the tub or laundry clean, but Dr. Bronner's competes with them if using a safe product is important to you. It definitely wins over a regular bar of soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment